Hygge – a concept described as being a feeling of warmth, cosiness and content, whether that be in your home or spending quality time with your loved ones. This Danish trend has inspired interior designers to adopt this feeling and express it through the use of candles, fire places, snug throws and cushions and comfortable accessories that you will love.
Your home is central to your wellbeing. Create a haven for you and your family by filling it with finishing touches that whisper cosiness, comfort and calm.
Top 5 tips for Hygge:
- Escape from winters chill with a cluster of candles. Whether you’re reading a book or entertaining friends and family candle-light creates an inviting yet intimate atmosphere.
- Layer up and play with scandi-textures to add a sense of warmth to any room – think knitted cushions, faux fur rugs and throws.
- Indoor plants are more than just pretty. They improve air quality and help to decrease stress and fatigue – all helping to create a sense of wellbeing.
- Cosy up in comfortable loungewear – opt for soft cotton, thick knit jumpers, shearling slippers and woolly socks to fully embrace the Hygge feeling.
- Surround yourself with friends and family. Dine over a candle-lit table or enjoy drinks by the fire.
For more interior trends and tips pick up your copy of Story Living magazine from your nearest development or click here to view online.