Story Homes is playing a keen part in the Carlisle Partnership, helping to shape the future of the city.
Phil Houghton, Business Development Manager at Story Homes was recently nominated as Vice Chair for the second year running.
Phil has been praised by the partnership for helping to change the thinking of some of the other partners and playing a pivotal role in raising the profile of housing and development within the Carlisle Partnership.
Phil recently took part in a ‘Question Time style’ Priority Focus Panel debate as the Housing representative. Chaired by Mike Zeller of BBC Radio Cumbria, the session was attended by around 70 delegates and the panel also included:
- Dr Michelle Lawty-Jones – University of Cumbria (outgoing Chair)
- Moira Tattersall – Principal, Carlisle College (incoming Chair)
- Cllr Collin Glover – Leader, Carlisle CC
- Chris Tiplady – Director of Medical Education, N.Cumbria University Hospital Trust
- Dr Rebecca Wagstaff – Director, Public Health England
- Richard Rhodes – Police & Crime Commissioner, Cumbria
The Carlisle Partnership is the district’s Local Strategic Partnership (LSP). LSPs bring together stakeholders from across the local authority area to work more effectively together, agree a shared vision for the area, and ways of delivering that vision. The Carlisle Partnership includes organisations from the public, private, voluntary and community sectors. The membership includes over 80 organisations, all of which have an interest in improving the area and the quality of life for Carlisle residents.
For more information about The Carlisle Partnership visit the Carlisle Partnership website