Wednesday 22 August 2012
Quantity Surveyor Job in Cumbria
Quantity Surveyor Job in Cumbria is available at Story Homes Carlisle. We currently have a vacancy for a quantity surveyor to strengthen our existing team. This is a major role within the department offering significant scope for someone with civil’s experience to apply their knowledge in a house building environment.
The quantity surveyor job is a challenging and exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to progress within the organisation in a role which can make a real difference to the bottom line profit. The successful applicant will be a lateral thinker and have an open minded approach.
Duties for our quantity surveyor job in Cumbria will include:
- Working with Land team to assess feasibility of ground options;
- Considering better ways to make use of the land in relation to housing layout; whether it be adjusting levels, considering sloping sites or retaining walls, considering how to reduce lengths of drain runs etc;
- Challenging the designs produced by consultants to drive efficiency out of the design;
- Compiling tender packages and working and helping generate the most efficient groundworks solution for the project;
- Agreeing monthly sub-contractor valuations and variations etc and honing the process to eliminate potential variations as much as possible on the next project;
- He/She will be or become aware of new product development and construction techniques, for example storage tanks, ground improvements techniques etc and be expected to become the department’s ‘expert’/first point of contact in respect of the commercial viability in this area.
If you are interested in our Quantity Surveyor job in Cumbria then please apply in writing with CV and current salary details to: Stephanie Johnstone, Personnel Manager, Story Homes, Burgh Road Industrial Estate, Carlisle CA2 7NA.
Closing date for applications: 31st August 2012