It’s no wonder interior designer Suzanne Webster came up with a nautical theme for our lovely Warwick show home in Cottam – she was inspired by the name of the development, Waterside.
And if you’d like to add a little ‘nautical but nice’ styling into your own dream home, we’ve five top tips on how to do it:
1) Blues and greys are an absolute must for nautical décor – but be sure to use them sparingly perhaps on keynote walls to create a real wow factor.
2) Cream is a fantastic neutral contrast to these strong colours, and makes the most of light flooding into kitchens and hallways.
3) Strongly patterned wallpapers in blues and greys really bring bedrooms up-to-date with their contemporary edge. Daring and different.
4) Adding dashes of brighter tones – such as our pink cushions – create a pop of colour and extra interest to the room.
5) Children also love all things nautical for a theme in their rooms – they can use their imagination to sail the seven seas and play pirates with the help of a boat-themed bed, porthole mirrors and plenty of storage!
Suzanne’s theme for our other Waterside show home, the Wellington, is an eye-catching take on warm autumn hues – come and see both of them and grab some inspiring ideas!