The Woodlands, New Houses in Shotley BridgeShow Home Gallery
- Prices from £294,950
- £10,000 off the selling price, stamp duty paid & flooring included on selected plots
- Last remaining homes
- Affordable homes available from only £114,950
Welcome to The Woodlands – a multi-award winning development of 3, 4 and 5-bedroom homes in the village of Shotley Bridge, with beautiful views over the Derwent Valley.
This sought-after development is situated in the County Durham countryside, yet is just 30 minutes away from Newcastle and 25 minutes from the A1. Bordered by woodland, residents can enjoy the nature and walks available on their doorstep while still being conveniently located for commuting into the city.
The Woodlands is nearing completion, with the last remaining homes now released for sale. With most homes now occupied, there is an established and thriving community on the development.
All properties feature a high specification, which includes superbly designed kitchens with AEG / Electrolux appliances, French doors leading to the paved patio and lounges with feature fireplaces. Our luxurious bathrooms feature extensive tiling by Porcelanosa, and the majority of house types come with en-suite shower rooms off the master bedroom.
In addition, homes at The Woodlands are built to meet Lifetime Homes design requirements and have been awarded the Secured by Design award for safety.
- Breathtaking views of Derwent Valley
- Historic village location
- Excellent commuting times
- Award winning development
The information given about this development applies to the majority of plots. For further information please contact our dedicated Sales Executive who will be delighted to help you in your search for your new home and advise on plot specification.View homes
The Woodlands is located on the outskirts of Shotley Bridge in the Derwent Valley, linking to the town of Consett. If you are looking for your dream home, this is an idyllic location, offering breathtaking views across County Durham’s beautiful Derwent Valley.
The site delivers scenery as far as the northern Pennines. It also neighbours Derwent Walk, an 11 mile stretch of public footway, taking in the old Derwent Valley Railway and following the Derwent Valley between Consett in the south and Swalwell in the north. As well as the scenery and picturesque riverside setting, Shotley Bridge has a long and interesting history to be explored, once having a reputation as the heart of Britain’s sword-making industry.
Although it is growing, the village has stayed true to its rural roots and offers a variety of Gothic architecture and converted mills, alongside a good network of roads and public transport.
- St Patricks RC Primary School
- Shotley Bridge Infants School
- Shotley Bridge Junior School
- Benfield Primary School
- St Marys R.C.V.A Primary School
- Ebchester C of E Primary School
- Castleside Primary School
- Chopwell Primary School
- Newcastle International Airport
- Glasgow Prestwick International Airport
- Manchester International Airport
- Durham Tees Valley Airport
Shopping & Leisure
- Consett & District Golf Club
- Belle Vue Sprts Centre
- Belle Vue Swim Centre
- Newcastle Racecourse
- Slaley Hall Golf Course & Spa
- Consett Leisure Centre
Points of Interest
- Durham Cathedral
- Hexham Abbey
- Durham Castle
- Washington Wild Fowl & Wetlands Trust
- Odeon Cinema, Metro Centre
- Hadrians Wall, Corbridge
- Durham Light Infantry Museum
- Beamish Museum
- Kielder Water & Forest Park
- Discovery Museum Newcastle
- Centre for Life Newcastle
- Gibside Hall & Gardens
- Alnwick Gardens & Castle
- Druridge Bay Country Park