Ringtons juicy Seville Orange Marmalade adds a fruity twist to a classic Ginger Bread recipe – a perfect treat this Christmas.
For more information visit http://www.ringtons.co.uk/
Discover the recipe below:
- 225g unsalted butter
- 300ml milk
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 225g Ringtons Seville Orange Marmalade
- 225g unrefined molasses sugar
- 1tsp grated nutmeg
- 375g self-raising white flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 7 stem ginger
- 110g raisins or sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees (fan assisted)/gas mark 2.
- Grease and line a 23cm (9 inch) round tin or equivalent loaf tin.
- Melt together the butter, molasses sugar, milk and marmalade in a pan over a low heat until combined. Leave to cool.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl and make a hollow in the centre.
- Pour in the melted mixture to form a smooth batter. Keep stirring as you do!
- Beat in the eggs then stir in the ginger and raisins or sultanas.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 1.5-2 hours until risen and allow to cool in the tin before serving.